Most people have cars, however not all people know the parts that available inside their car and each automotive part function. The car itself is actually very complex that consists of many systems inside it. Some of more modern cars even have computerized car system which difficult for most people without technician skill. This is why when you have problems with your car; it might be difficult to know which system on the car has the problem. That is why it is important to gain more knowledge about your car to know which problem you had.
There are many key systems, which run the automotive, some of them even available inside the car since first creation.
Car engine system parts
Engine is the system which powers the car, usually the car uses combustion type which motorized using gasoline, the engine itself consist of many parts:
- Cylinder head: this part is available on the top part of car engine. It usually made from aluminum alloy or iron. Inside you would find
- Valve: this part is available inside the cylinder head that used to control how many air and fuel which released into the piston inside the combustion stroke chamber. Another valve then use to release the burned gas and fuel from inside the piston then helps to release the emission which you often seen out from the car tail pipe.
- Spark plug: this tool is used to spark the mixture of air and fuel.
- Crankcase: this part is available on the bottom part of car engine. Inside you would find car cylinder.
- Piston: available inside car cylinder which used to draw in air and fuel. It will move downwards when doing so.
- Flywheel: it used momentum of piston to bring the piston upwards. With this the piston would move in downwards and upwards motions regularly.
- Carburetor: one that will mix the air and fuel drawn in by the piston.
- Throttle: it is used to control how much the air and fuel is mixed. If the throttle is all the way open then the mixture would be the richest
- Lubricant: when your engine runs it would need some lubricant this automotive part function so there would not be too much friction, which could speed the damage of the engine. It consists of oil lubricant that will run to the cylinder, crankshaft and the piston in each movement that they do.
- Cooling feature: when your engine running, it will create heat, which will damage or burn your engine. This is why cooling feature is necessary so your engine temperature could be cold down.
- Radiator: this part is the one that will do the cooling feature; inside there would be anti freeze that would cold down the whole machine by moving inside the hose and compartments of the engine.
- Fan: the part is also attached to the radiator that runs to produce cold air to cool down the engine.
Car drive line system parts
This automotive part function line is consisted of a system, which will move the car forward and backward by using motion that produced inside the car engine system. The transmission system could be manual or automatic depends of the type of your car, it will use a metal gear, which will go to the speed that suitable with the power of your car. It will be affected by the speed limit of your car, the road surface slope and your car weight.
- Crankshaft: this part is the rod made from iron, aluminum, or steel, which you see, connected to the piston on the bottom part of the car engine. When the piston is moving in upwards and downwards motion, then the crankshaft will convert it to the turning motion.
- Transmission gear: this gear will transmit the turning motion of the crankshaft to your car wheel.
Car Electrical system part
This system is used to power on the whole car by using the energy of the car battery as the ignition. It will act like a generator which taken the energy from the engine energy. The only part inside this system is the battery.
The battery is used to turn on the starter of the machine that then starts the whole engine. It will start the crankshaft to move and in the same time it also starts the start plug so it will ignite the piston movement.
Beside the engine, battery automotive part function also used to start the function other things inside your car such as headlight power, turning signals, safety sensors and many others. By using the battery then it will ensure the run of those feature even though there is other parts that does not function well. This is why when you have only small function inside your car that does not work; you need to first check the battery.
Car wheel system part
Wheel is important part of car, which used as the part where the car met with the roads. This simple structure is the one that will make your car smoothly move from one place to another.
- Tire: the outermost part of the wheel that is made from rubber. This tire is used to give support in cushioning the car weight so it would be the barrier to limit the car from touching directly to the road.
- Rim: it is the middle of wheel that covered with tire around it. Usually made from strong steel to support the car weight.
- Hub: it is the innermost part of the wheel, which connected to the axle which connect two wheels on one another.
- Brake: it is used to slow down or stop the wheel movement.
This automotive part function is the one that will be used by the driver to get information about their car and to gain control over it. It consists of many display that represent different parts of the car from the speed to the light indicator.